Short answer: the most useful websites are the free tools that quietly save you time, for converting files, editing images, learning skills, and staying private. Rather than an outdated list of 101 half-dead links, here is a curated set that actually works today, grouped by what you need to do. Bookmark the ones that fit your life.
Files and documents
- iLovePDF and Smallpdf, merge, split, compress and convert PDFs.
- CloudConvert, convert almost any file type to another.
- TinyPNG, shrink images without visible quality loss.
Images and design
- Photopea, a free browser Photoshop alternative.
- remove.bg, delete an image background instantly.
- Canva, easy graphics and social posts.
- Unsplash and Pexels, free high-quality photos.
Learning and knowledge
- Khan Academy, free courses on almost everything.
- freeCodeCamp, learn to code free.
- Internet Archive, free books, media and the Wayback Machine.
- Wolfram Alpha, computational answers and math help.
Productivity
- Notion, notes, docs and databases in one.
- Google Calendar and Keep, scheduling and quick notes.
- TLDR-style briefings, quick summaries to stay informed.
Privacy and security
- Have I Been Pwned, check if your email was in a data breach.
- Bitwarden, free open-source password manager.
- VirusTotal, scan a file or link with many engines at once.
Everyday handy
- WeTransfer, send big files without an account.
- Ninite, install a batch of free Windows apps at once.
- Down for Everyone or Just Me, check if a site is really down.
The non-obvious tip: bookmark by task, not by name
A giant flat list of links is useless because you never remember what is in it. Instead, make a small bookmark folder per task ("PDF tools", "image tools"), and keep only the two or three you actually use in each. A tight, task-organized set beats a list of 101 links you will never open twice.
Frequently asked questions
What are the most useful websites to bookmark?
Free tools that save time: iLovePDF and Smallpdf for PDFs, Photopea and remove.bg for images, Khan Academy and freeCodeCamp for learning, and Have I Been Pwned and Bitwarden for security.
What is the best free Photoshop alternative website?
Photopea is a free, browser-based editor with Photoshop-like tools, and remove.bg instantly deletes image backgrounds.
How do I check if my email was hacked?
Enter it at Have I Been Pwned, which tells you if your address appeared in known data breaches so you can change those passwords.
How should I organize useful website bookmarks?
By task, not by name. Make small folders like 'PDF tools' and 'image tools' with only the two or three you actually use in each.
Wow! Just spectacular! Thanks a lot for the information discussed! I understand you have put a great deal of initiative into this and also I wished to tell you exactly how thankful I am! There have to be much more blog sites similar to this on the net! I will certainly subscribe and bookmark to your impressive site! Hope you put out even more awesome stuff in the near future and also I will certainly return as well as review it! Keep up the magnum opus!
ReplyDeleteThanks Dude :)
ReplyDelete